With a huge assortment of delicious flavors and an enormous capacity of up to 5,000 puffs, the Elf Bar BC5000 is a true game changer in the world of disposable vapes. In order to deliver such a large number of puffs, the Elf Bar BC5000 has a feature that has been essentially unheard of in the world of disposable vapes until now: a rechargeable battery. Thanks to the rechargeable battery, you can continue using the Elf Bar BC5000 as long as is necessary to drain the device’s entire e-liquid supply.
If you want to learn how to charge an Elf Bar BC5000, you’re in the right place. In this guide, we’ll explain everything that you’ve ever wanted to know about charging an Elf Bar. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, though, does the idea of a rechargeable disposable vape strike you as a little odd? The rechargeable disposable vape is actually a somewhat new idea. Here’s why it exists.
Isn’t a Rechargeable Disposable Vape a Bit of an Oxymoron?
If you’ve been vaping for a while, you’re probably completely used to the idea of disposable vapes as single-use vaping devices. You use a device until the battery dies, and then you dispose of it. Doesn’t a rechargeable battery kind of defeat the purpose of using a disposable device?
The reason why more disposable vapes are coming with rechargeable batteries is because people are demanding devices that last longer. A device with a capacity of thousands of puffs can potentially last as long as multiple cartons of cigarettes – and given how inexpensive disposable vapes have become, many people are finding that there no longer seems to be much of a reason to use a refillable vaping device.
There’s no way, though, to make a disposable vape with a single-use battery that delivers 5,000 puffs and still fits in your pocket. Such a device would have to be enormous – and that’s why rechargeable disposable vapes exist.
Do I Have a Rechargeable Elf Bar?
If your Elf Bar has a USB port, it’s rechargeable. The Elf Bar BC5000 has a rechargeable battery, but the original Elf Bar 1500 does not. Are you new to the Elf Bar brand? Read our Elf Bar BC5000 review and learn about the best Elf Bar flavors.
What Type of Cable Can I Use as an Elf Bar Charger?
You can use any USB-C cable with power delivery capabilities as an Elf Bar charger. However, you should only charge an Elf Bar by connecting it to your computer. Don’t try to charge an Elf Bar with a high-speed USB-C charger designed for devices such as laptops and tablets. A high-wattage wall adapter could potentially cause the Elf Bar to overheat. If the device ever feels unusually hot, disconnect it from the charger immediately.
Why Doesn’t the Elf Bar BC5000 Include a Charger?
You might wonder why you have to supply your own charging cable for the Elf Bar BC5000 when traditional vape kits always include charging cables. The reason why rechargeable disposable vapes don’t include cables is because doing that would inflate the devices’ prices unnecessarily. Even if including a charging cable only increased the device’s price by $1.00, that would add up over time if you bought a new device every few days. Moreover, you don’t actually need a new charging cable every few days. Eventually, you’ll have a big pile of spare USB cables with no real purpose. In that sense, including a charger with every Elf Bar wouldn’t just inflate the price – it would also cause a lot of waste.
How to Charge the Elf Bar BC5000
To charge the Elf Bar BC5000, connect it to your computer using a USB-C cable. When you connect the Elf Bar to your computer, an indicator light on the bottom of the device will light up to show that the battery is charging. When the light turns off, the charge cycle is complete.
How Long to Charge an Elf Bar BC5000
When you read about Elf Bar disposable vapes online, one of the things you’ll notice is that a lot of people have expressed confusion about how long to charge the Elf Bar BC5000. If you’re experiencing similar confusion, it could be because you haven’t noticed the indicator light on the bottom of the device. It could also be because the light isn’t actually turning on when you charge the device. We’ll discuss that at greater length in a moment. If your Elf Bar is charging properly, though, there’s no need to worry about whether you’re charging it for the correct length of time. The light turns off when charging is complete. The process takes approximately one hour.
Does the Elf Bar BC5000 Light Up When Charging?
Yes. The Elf Bar BC5000 does light up when charging. If you’re having trouble finding the light, it’s on the bottom of the device – and if you’re certain that your Elf Bar isn’t lighting up, scroll down for advice that can help you resolve that issue.
Can I Recharge an Elf Bar Without a USB Port?
No; you can’t recharge an Elf Bar if it doesn’t have a USB port. If you look online, you’ll see videos that purport to show how to recharge disposable vapes that aren’t designed for recharging. We strongly recommend against following the advice in those videos for two reasons.
- A disposable vape that doesn’t have a charging circuit doesn’t know when the battery is fully charged and won’t stop the charging process automatically. A lithium-ion battery that’s overcharged may become chemically unstable and could even overheat and catch fire.
- Trying to recharge a non-rechargeable disposable vape generally won’t accomplish much because by the time the battery is dead, the device will also be out of e-liquid. It’s technically possible to add e-liquid to a disposable vape – but at this point, you’re talking about quite a lot of work and would probably be much happier if you bought a refillable vape kit instead.
Why Isn’t My Elf Bar Charging?
Is the indicator light on your Elf Bar BC5000 not turning on when you connect the device to power? If that’s the case, the device isn’t charging. There are a few reasons why this might happen, and we’ll provide some advice here that can help you resolve the issue.
- Make sure that you’re only trying to charge your Elf Bar by connecting it to your computer. Most vaping devices aren’t compatible with high-speed chargers such as the one that you might use for your computer, phone or tablet. There isn’t just one USB-C charging standard – there are actually many. The Elf Bar BC5000 will charge at the correct rate if you connect it to your computer.
- Check for lint in the charging port. The Elf Bar BC5000 will spend a lot of time in your pocket, and it’s likely to pick up some debris along with way. You can use a toothpick to remove lint from your Elf Bar’s charging port.
- If your Elf Bar BC5000 still isn’t charging, try a different cable. It could be that the USB-C cable you’re using isn’t designed for power delivery or that the cable has internal damage and is no longer making a solid connection. If that’s the case, replacing the cable should resolve the issue.
- If you purchased your Elf Bar BC5000 from a retailer outside the vaping industry – a convenience store, for instance – it’s possible that you actually have a counterfeit device. Among disposable vapes, Elf Bar is the most popular brand. Unfortunately, that means fake Elf Bars are quite common. Here at VapeJuice.com, we sell only authentic Elf Bars – but regardless of where you buy your devices, we highly recommend buying only from a dedicated vape shop and not from a gas station or convenience store.