For as long as pod vapes have existed, the Vaporesso XROS series and Uwell Caliburn series have competed head to head for the title of best refillable pod system on the market. One of the main differences between the two series is that the Caliburn series has offered some more advanced devices designed to cater to the needs of experienced vapers who might want more complex hardware with more advanced features. The XROS series, meanwhile, has always been engineered for maximum simplicity and user friendliness. If you want a device that’s always ready for grab-and-go vaping but don’t want a disposable vape, you’ll probably be extremely happy with a Vaporesso XROS.
If the XROS series has any downside, it’s that the series is huge. There’s something for just about everyone, and many of the older Vaporesso XROS devices are still in production. That means Vaporesso has a large number of XROS devices available at any given time, so it can sometimes be difficult to tell the differences between them.
In this article, we’re going to shed some light on this issue by discussing one of the most popular XROS devices – the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini – from top to bottom. In this review, you’ll learn how the XROS 3 Mini compares to other devices in the XROS series. You’re also going to learn how to use the XROS 3 Mini from start to finish. Finally, we’ll conclude this XROS 3 Mini review and instruction manual by providing some troubleshooting advice that you’ll find useful if you already own the device, and it isn’t working as you expect.
How Much Does the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini Cost?
Let’s begin with a little basic information. How much does the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini cost? In addition to the device itself, you’ll also need to buy replacement pods on a fairly regular basis. Here’s what you can expect to pay for those items.
- Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini Kit: Costs $18.99. The XROS 3 Mini kit includes the XROS 3 Mini device, one replacement pod and a charging cable along with an instruction manual.
- Vaporesso XROS Pods: The Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini works with any pod in the XROS series. Vaporesso XROS pods cost $10.49 per four-pack, and they’re available in a wide variety of different resistances. You can generally expect an XROS pod to last at least a few days and possibly longer depending on how heavily sweetened your vape juice is. It’s a good idea to add a box of pods to your order every time you buy vape juice.
Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini: Features and Specifications
We’ll begin this review with a bit of basic information that’ll help you understand what makes the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini distinct from other vaping devices. We’ll start with a list of specifications, and then we’ll continue by talking about this device’s unique features.
- Battery Capacity: 1,000 mAh
- Pod Capacity: 2 ml
- Puff Style: Automatic puff-based firing
- Pod Compatibility: All Vaporesso XROS pods
- Battery Charging: USB-C
- The Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini works with any Vaporesso XROS pod, giving you an array of possible coil resistances ranging from 0.6 ohm to 1.2 ohm.
- Because the device’s power usage is so light, it can last up to 48 hours between battery charges.
- The XROS 3 Mini has a single small LED battery indicator, so it’s easy to vape discreetly.
- The new 0.6-ohm XROS pod uses a mesh coil for extra vapor production and features Vaporesso’s COREX technology for improved flavor and long coil life.
- All Vaporesso XROS pods are leak resistant and top filling. You can refill the pod without removing it from the device.
Vaporesso XROS 3 vs XROS 3 Mini: What’s the Difference?
As we mentioned earlier in the article, Vaporesso has several different XROS devices in production at any given time. That can make it difficult to narrow the selection down to one device that’s perfect for you. We’ll make the process simpler for you by comparing some of those devices head to head. For starters, how do the Vaporesso XROS 3 vs. XROS 3 Mini compare?
- The XROS 3 offers both button-based and automatic firing. The XROS 3 Mini uses puff-based firing only.
- The XROS 3 has a sliding tab that allows you to control the device’s airflow.
- The XROS 3 has the same battery capacity as the XROS 3 Mini – 1,000 mAh.
- The XROS 3 is larger and heavier than the XROS 3 Mini. The XROS 3 is 115.1 mm long and weighs 47.5 grams. The XROS 3 Mini is 99.2 mm long and weighs 40.2 grams.
Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini vs. XROS Mini
Curious about how the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini and XROS Mini compare? The two devices are extremely similar in appearance, and both have the same battery life of 1,000 mAh. In terms of features, the only real difference between the two devices is that when the XROS Mini was released, the 0.6-ohm XROS pod didn’t exist yet. If you intend to use that pod, you might get better performance with the XROS 3 Mini.
Note that Vaporesso never released a device called the XROS 2 Mini.
Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini vs. XROS 3 Nano
The Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini and XROS 3 Nano are essentially the same device in every aspect except shape. While the XROS 3 Mini has a narrow shape like a traditional vape pen, the XROS 3 Nano is shaped like a small box. You can choose between the two devices simply by selecting the shape that appeals to you.
How to Use the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini
If you want to learn how to use the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini, you’ve come to the right place. This section of our instruction manual will walk you through the operation of the XROS 3 Mini from start to finish.
How to Charge the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini
To charge the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini, use the USB-C cable included in the box to connect the device to your computer. When you do this, the device’s indicator light will pulse red. It’ll change to solid green when the battery is fully charged. At that point, you can disconnect the XROS 3 Mini from your computer.
How to Fill the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini
One of the best features of the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini is that you can refill the pod without removing it from the device. Open the pod by wiggling the mouthpiece gently until it comes off. Place the tip of your vape juice bottle in the filling hole, which is offset from the pod’s center air path. Add e-liquid until the pod is almost full and replace the mouthpiece. If you’re filling a new pod for the first time, don’t start vaping until you’ve waited at least five minutes for the e-liquid to absorb into the coil.
How to Vape with the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini
Using the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini is incredibly easy – just puff on the device to vape. Use gentle air pressure to avoid sucking e-liquid out of the pod. As you use the XROS 3 Mini, the indicator light’s color will change to let you know how much battery life is left. When the light is red, the battery’s remaining charge level is below 30 percent. At this point, you should prepare to charge the battery soon.
How to Fix Problems with the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini
The Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini is a simple device, and that means troubleshooting it is generally fairly easy if it isn’t working correctly. Here’s how to fix the most common problems with the XROS 3 Mini.
Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini Not Hitting
If your Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini isn’t working, you should check the device’s light to see if it’s blinking. The number of blinks will tell you what the problem is, and that’ll help you determine now to troubleshoot the problem.
- Light not blinking at all: The device’s battery is probably dead. Charge your device.
- Light blinking five times: The XROS 3 Mini has detected an issue with the installed pod or isn’t detecting the pod at all. Remove the pod and check for leaked e-liquid. Dry the XROS 3 Mini and the bottom of the pod and try vaping again. If the XROS 3 Mini still isn’t working, install a new pod. The XROS 3 Mini will also blink five times if the device’s temperature is too high. If you’re vaping in direct sunlight, move the device to a cooler location.
- Light blinking three times: This indicates that the battery is extremely low. Charge your device.
Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini Not Charging
If the light on your Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini doesn’t pulse red when you connect the device to your computer, follow these three steps to fix the charging issue.
- Only charge the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini through your computer. Don’t use a wall adapter.
- Use a different charging cable. The USB-C cable included with the XROS 3 Mini has probably stopped working.
- Use a toothpick to remove lint from the Vaporesso XROS 3 Mini’s charging port.